Wednesday, January 20

The phrase that changed our lives. . .

"You are having your baby - TOMORROW!"
One year ago today Josh and I went in for our usual appointment at 10:00 am for a 36 week check up. Due to circumstances with the baby's health Dr Deraney decided the best thing to do was have the baby tomorrow at 7:00am.
We were not expecting this to occur, we had 4 weeks left to prepare, plus I thought I would go past my due date!
So Josh and I both went back to work, I tried to pull myself together and get ready to be gone for the next 6 weeks.
A few great memories of the night before AJ came:
1. Working after I got home trying to finish a work project.
2. Calling Meagan and telling her the news. We talked about how prepared or unprepared we were. I told her I didn't even have a hat to bring the baby home in.
That night the Barkers surprised us and came over with a great little gift; a pink and blue hat. Little did we know she wouldn't fit into it for another month. :)
3. Josh yelling at me at 10:30pm telling me to close the laptop and come to bed.
4. Josh and I giving each other a hug in bed listening to the peace and quiet that we know would not be there when we returned with the baby.
5. G & G Hoch beating us to the hospital. Remember they live 1.5 hours away. Grandma did not sleep that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment